October 01, 2009

FINANCIAL SITES -- MY 'FAVES'

I'm frequently asked to share information about good places to gather financial information. Where is a good site to find a credit card? Where would be a good place to open a Roth IRA? How do I go about freezing my credit?... etc.

This week, I have decided to share some of my favorite financial websites. Keep in mind that these are MY faves, thus the links provided are my opinions (appropriate since this is MY blog). This is designed to strictly be informational; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list by any stretch (I decided to stop after 20 topics). Feel free to share your faves (doctormoneyman@gmail.com).

CREDIT RESOURCES.
- Credit Card Search
- Credit Freeze Information
- Credit Scoring
- Ordering Free Credit Report

FINANCIAL PLANNING RESOURCES.
- Asset Allocation
- Bonds
- Index Investing - Top 3 (A, B, C)
- Insurance Information
- Mutual Fund Analysis
- No Load Mutual Fund Companies - Top 5 (A, B, C, D, E)
- Saving For College
- Tax Assistance

OTHER FINANCIAL RESOURCES.
- Budgeting
- Cooperative Extension
- Financial Calculators
- Identity Theft
- Interest Rate Information
- Managing Debt
- Organizing Financial Records
- Student Financial Aid